I usually just make plain mojitos but we had fresh strawberries at home so I thought of adding it to one of my favorite cocktails. I think it made it more refreshing and it’s something a little bit different from what I’m used to.
So I’m sharing the recipe with you so you can also try it at home.
Strawberry Mojitos Recipe
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 12 mint leaves
- 1/8 cup simple syrup
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 4 ounces white rum, I used Bacardi
- Club soda
- Optional garnishes: strawberries, lime wedges and/or mint sprig
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle strawberries, mint leaves, simple syrup and lime juice with a muddler (use the back of a wooden spoon if you don’t have a muddler).
- Pour in two glasses over ice (equal amounts). Add 2 ounces of rum to each glass and top with club soda. Garnish with a strawberry, lime wedge and/or mint sprig if desired.